Translate

Sunday, July 29, 2018

Lazy Garden Afternoon

I was having coffee at the table in my favorite corner of the garden this afternoon and relaxing a while before I started watering the plants when I noticed a lovely, ripe tomato which is being made into BLT's as I write this.


We spent some time wandering around the front garden decided which flowers we wanted where.

We've got some HUGE clump of seedum that should have been divided and transplanted ages ago, those will be a nice pink, and my yellow lemon lilies
need the same as well as a number of orange lilies and a few other things.

I attempted to sell off extra plants earlier in the season but didn't have much luck so I gave a lot of them away but the plants keep coming. hundreds more than I really need here.

Until I find a better solution the best I can do is keep moving them around to keep things looking as nice as I can.

The breeze is lovely and blows through from a lake at the end of our street a few blocks away. There are many mature trees here that often provide more shade than I care for but can be counted on to keep the garden cool and pleasant no matter what the weather is all around us. 

We are spotting more different species of Butterflies and Moths all of the time.




Painted Lady


???




Monarch

Before I headed back to the house I stopped to cut some flowers to do some watercolor and pencil drawings with.

Yes, there's a lot to love about a garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment