Translate

Sunday, January 27, 2019

Abstract Paintings, Color and Brush Work

After finishing up the other paintings I had in the works I'm just loosening up and playing with paint to get the creative juices going.


This was on a tiny canvas panel. It started as an exercise in lines and then moved on to dots.



I continued to add other shapes and colors until it became this.



This last example is on an 12 x 16 inch canvas.

All I can do is tell you that it feels great to just be free with the materials without a set goal or design in mind and see where it leads me.


I keep going back and forth between painting knives and brushes as I use up the last of the heavy bodied tube acrylics and have had to add some liquid paints because I'd been down to only red, blue and green in the tube paints.

 

It didn't take long for my old habits to kick in and begin to make it look a bit like a floral. I'm not sure whether to follow that lead or discourage it and see if the work leads me somewhere else.



It could be the suggestion of a bird. It's early yet and there's still paint left so we'll see.



No comments:

Post a Comment