Translate

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

The Winter Garden


We've had 32.5 inches of snow this month and very little sun so none of the plants I'd been trying to grow in front of the windows has done well.



It feels like the snow is never going to stop.


There are lots of garden catalogs in the mail to remind us that summer will get here and to help me plan next season.



In the meantime I've got a small aquaponic grower with 3 types of lettuces that should do much better in here. It's got LED lights and just takes water and plant food in the tank.



You may notice that the plants have moved since yesterday. 1 of the pods hadn't sprouted so I added
more seed and re-arranged where that pod was to give it a better chance at the most water and light.

I tried to force some flower bulbs in vases and had no luck with them so it's going to be a loooong winter.



All that is left in the regular pots is Holly, a miniature rose and some daffodils.

I've begun clipping bits of the larger lettuce to garnish things with and keep it from crowding the other plants. I'm very happy with the progress so far and looking forward to it doing even better.


What a difference a day makes. I just love how fast this is growing in spite of having clipped it shorter twice already to add to salads.


No comments:

Post a Comment