Translate

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Card and Envelope Sets: Pen, Ink and Watercolor



I started by  using the same design but different approaches to the card and the envelope trying to decide which approach that I liked better.



Next I did a line drawing and wash version of one of my favorite days on the front porch of my first house.
For the envelope design I repeated the image of the flowers and painting.


I'm trying lots of different things with this latest bunch of card and envelope sets. This one used techniques called negative painting and transparent glazes. Negative painting involves building up a background around an area using many layers of different colors to create the illusion of leaves, stems, and flowers.


This little envelope design was just a drawing enhanced with bits of watercolor.

No comments:

Post a Comment