Translate

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

A tale of two Strawberries


I wrote some of you of one of my little adventures driving around town in my power wheelchair so forgive me if I'm repeating myself but my favorite trip of the summer was to a local greenhouse where I purchased the last two strawberry plants for just two dollars and fifty cents each.

I'm sure people wonder why in the world I was so excited about that except that they each had many daughter plants hanging from them so I rushed to get them re-potted where the daughter plants could grow into strong plants of their own.

In just the few weeks since then I have nearly a dozen new plants.
No berries, the birds and wildlife around here got to those but I'll find ways to prevent that by next year.


While I wait for my next planter to be built I just keep putting other planters up to the first one for the daughter plants to spread to.


Mothers and Daughters are doing well and I'm really enjoying nurturing their progress. 


Of course this lead to the photos and the photos lead to the art.

Again with watercolors, and finished with ink.


 This was the card.


And this was the envelope. This was just a quick scribble with markers. Yes, I was in a hurry to get to the mailbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment