Translate

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

The Veggie Garden as Art


On this day the first order of business is seeing what there was for lunch.There were pea pods and lettuce for salad. Black raspberries for dessert, some eaten fresh and later in the day some cooked a bit with strawberries and served over ice cream. The green and yellow beans were cooked up with some carrots for supper.

I admire those people who can make entire meals from their gardens but a few containers in the city aren't likely to get me there anytime soon.

Still, I do what I can and feel better for the effort.


After lunch I looked over the photos and was struck by the beauty of the contrasting shapes and colors.


I began to see some artistic possibilities and reached for my watercolors.


I did these raspberries on the corner of an envelope as I was answering mail to a friend who is interested in my garden.


I decided to include the photo to make my first card fast and easy.

  Here you see the photo and watercolor combined. After I got to this point I grabbed a black pen to do some outlining and define the idea a bit more.


I liked it better after that. What do you think? Did I take it too far?




No comments:

Post a Comment