Translate

Friday, November 29, 2019

Yellow Iris from Garden Photos


So far the problem I'm having is making the petals the right shape and shading them in such a way that they have a sense of movement.


The other thing that's interesting this time around is that I am mixing several types of water based media so that i will have a wider range of yellows to work with. at this point they had 5 different shades of yellow on them.


 This project is being done with a mix of gouache, watercolor paints and watercolor pencils. (At least they were at this stage)


I spent the day working and reworking the flowers but just couldn't find a balance that showed the edges and shape of the flower petals without outlining so I gave up on that but instead of tossing the whole picture I did save the leaves and stems into the computer.
Now that I have them to work with I can use them with any of the flower blossoms that I have saved over the last 16 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment