Translate

Sunday, May 17, 2020

New Caterpillars

14 painted lady caterpillars arrived on May 13th. The following photos cover the 15th thru the 17th. I find it amazing how quickly they change some are already in chrysalis and the others are getting there. Wiggling round and round as they wind the silk around them to build theirs.






I've got video too but haven't decided whether or not to add that too.




It's May 22nd as I write this. Things just got busy and I had company ( at a distance of course) the day that I moved the finished chrysalis's into the net habitat. I was busy doing all the work it takes to transfer them safely and my husband was busy as the 2 of them watched the process so no one shot any photos.



Three didn't manage to attach themselves firmly to the top so we collected them carefully from the bottom and laid them on these pieces of paper towel so they will have another chance to emerge as butterflies.



All that remains now is to mist them from time to time until the butterflies begin to emerge.

May 25,2020

Things have been moving really fast the last few days. There are only two butterflies waiting to emerge from chrysalis.










No comments:

Post a Comment