Translate

Thursday, June 18, 2020

Knife Painting and the Evolution of a Painting


I found myself quite frustrated with that Iris painting and rubbing the whole thing out so I grabbed a more more canvases and my painting knives and began just stabbing and slashing bits of color at them until I relaxed and began to feel better.


I like the unexpected nature of the results and the uninhibited nature of the process because you can never tell where it will lead you. 



I often get ideas for great paintings from an unusual color combination or composition of shapes.


 That small canvas and it's combination of greens began to suggest a garden so I'm going with that idea and attempting to do a painting of my front flower bed.


Once I'd decided to paint my garden on that green canvas the work went quickly.





Each day I give the other Canvases another try hoping to find a color combination that I like.








The Finished Painting


No comments:

Post a Comment