Translate

Thursday, June 3, 2021

A Look Around The Veggie Garden

I'm happy to say I've finally been able to get radishes to grow here after failure for three years. Each year I would change the location and soil mix. The key to success here was to add a lot of peat moss to lighten up our heavy clay soil.

Here are some variations of a recent painting of lettuce leaves. i was trying to catch the way the light looked as it showed through the leaves and remind everyone how beautiful the simple things in life can be.

The painting is an acrylic on stretched canvas. In this case I manipulated it on the computer to see what it would have looked if I had drawn it instead.

This is the what it looks now. I'll be waiting for another day, when I feel more inspired to capture light in a better way.

These planters hold an assortment of things. Tomatoes, beans, peas, carrots, cucumbers and a number of other things.

Yes, I've also poked a few flowers in between things to make it pretty for afternoon teas and other events.

Yes, I also want to grow the peace and the happiness here and harvest joy. It's my little world ands I love it dearly no matter what anyone else thinks.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment