Translate

Sunday, June 27, 2021

Growing in Every Way

I'm growing some Basil for a friend and am amazed at how fast it's going. I'm assuming it's the extra attention that I've been giving it. Whether it is or isn't I'm very pleased with the results.

My art however, hasn't grown at all so I'm going through my best sketchbook and picking up where I left off on a number of projects over the years in hopes of rekindling some fire and interest in other projects. No real results yet but there's always hope.

I tried a few sketches and things but only managed to confirm the fact that I'm really out of practice. Realizing that I Decided to move on.

 

A few pages away was this drawing/painting of Iris that I thought might be a good idea to base an acrylic painting on.

I started by making a black and white copy of it to help me choose the number of light and dark areas of color I would need to stat painting with.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment