Translate

Saturday, July 3, 2021

The Lost Post, June 26, 2021

 This text got lost in the shuffle around here because I was tired when I got back into the house so I wrote out bits of it by hand as I drifted off to sleep.

I just found the notes over by my recliner so I thought that I would share them with you now.

Today was pretty hot so we didn't stay out too long. Thank goodness there was a nice breeze that made it easier to tolerate.

We sat back and had a cup of coffee as we decided what  we wanted to do first.


I started by tearing down an old section of wooden trellis so that we could remove the remains of an old, wooden, raised bed planter box that was long past repairable. (of course the few bits that are OK will be saved for another project so I stacked those off to the side).

The lattice panel I was talking about is here on the far right side of the photo, attached to the back of a planter box.


Yes, this mess is or was a flower border with lilac and rose bushes.

In the spot where that box used to be we put in 3 "daughter" plants  from a lilac bush in one of our border flower beds.

The only thing that I know for sure about all of this is that we will love the lilacs in the corner of the TEAGARDEN instead of that broken old planted box.

It's been a long time since I've had company for tea in the garden so I'm really looking forward to it. 




In the time after I wrote this post I've hosted one small but very pleasant tea and really enjoyed the way that things are arranged now.

No comments:

Post a Comment