Translate

Sunday, September 19, 2021

The Last Round Up

As those of you that follow me know, I always stop and sort every thing out and clean things up in between projects.

I had just finished making a bunch of collages and was out of matte gel medium so I figured it was time to put everything away until I could get more.

As I got to the bottom of the first pile I found part of a picture of a cowboy and thought "as long as I'm rounding every thing up and had been watching some old westerns on TV that I would make one more collage and call it " the Last Roundup".

The Thought both amused and inspired me. Here are the results.

I had been stumped on what to do with this painting for a long time. I'd kept painting things on, then paint over them again. sometimes I'd add bits of paper but always ended up painting over them again.


Then I got the idea to cut the cowboy so that it looked like he was taking cover behind the flowers and let my imagination take it from there. 

It got to be fun after that making up a bit of a story from old sheet music and antique books. I felt so good about it that I cut this big smile out of a magazine and added that in there too.

I thought that the various paper bits looked too white so I attempted to antique some of them to make thigs vary a bit. I don't know if it's art or not. All I know is that it makes me happy and cleaned up the room a lot and that helped too.


I hope this gives you some ideas about making the best of things and creating joy.

I'm wishing you happiness too,

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment