Translate

Monday, November 8, 2021

The Biggest Surprise Falling My Way

While looking through a catalog yesterday I was surprised to see a set of bed linens that looked a lot like a painting that I'd done last year.
Of course my background color is different but you can see that the design idea is much the same.
I always find that exciting because it means that my ideas are marketable and already popular with some people.
After that, the next thing I did was pull up photos of some of my other leaf designs to explore the possibilities of developing a new product line with them.


This is actually an "in progress" photo of the painting that currently has a blue background. I'm wishing now that I'd left the blue paint off of it.


Here's another painting that I wish had a different background on it.


These are a couple of old watercolor studies I did in the painting group years ago at the Forest Lake Senior Center. I would often do a bunch of quick watercolors and give them away to people.


It never occurred to me to do anything more serious with them.


This is a fun acrylic leaf stamping that I did at home one year. I went around my yard and painted directly on the leaves and then stuck them directly to the canvas then pulled the leaves off, leaving the print behind.

There are so many different things you can do!
Get Creative and Join the Fun!

1 comment:

  1. Since writing this blog I have been working at putting my leaf images on products in my Zazzle store. I hope you will check them out at zazzle.com./julia_art

    ReplyDelete