Translate

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Project Updates


Work in the bag continues. The ultrasuede fabrics didn't respond well to most of the marking methods I tried so I ended up drawing on them with a regular pen. The ink lines will be covered by the embroidery so that won't be a problem.

With most of the drawing done on this piece I went ahead and sewed both the side and bottom seams so that I can keep all of the materials to finish it inside so that I'll have it all together no matter where I choose to work on it.

When I'm embroidering I dump everything into the lining so that I can work on the outside of the bag.
There's a LOT of embroidery to do so this project needs to be mobile so that it can get out of the way for all of the other things I'm working on.

Here's a short list:
tote bag
dala horses-carving
                 sanding
                 painting
Photo display board (for a local senior center)
crochet hat (to be given to a program for kids who need them)
teaching myself to paint bulldogs
painting a mailbox (for my sister in law)
designing items for my Zazzle stores
re-arranging merchandise in the stores to make them easier to shop

No comments:

Post a Comment