Translate

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Recycling Upholstery Scraps


For me the first step is always to take a look at what I've got and then begin cutting and sewing fabrics together until I get a random patchwork piece that I like the looks of. Once I'm satisfied with that I'll fold it into sections large enough to make tote bags.
You can never go wrong by making more things to store or carry things in. I give many of these away and always keep one to store the materials in for the next project.


There's no pattern or anything, I just fold, cut and flip then sew again. Repeating the process over and over again.


 A few pins now and then keep things from shifting too much while cutting or sewing.


I enjoy this process and am thinking about adding some buttons and embroidery to it when I finish with the patchwork. I'm in no hurry to finish this one so I might as well indulge my creativity a bit-don't you think so?


No comments:

Post a Comment