Translate

Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Glass Garden


Over the last few years I've managed to collect a number of garden stakes made from stained glass and copper in the shapes of my favorite flowers,butterflies etc. and they've been scattered everywhere.
This week I brought them all together to brighten a shady and forgotten corner of my backyard and was pleased to see the way the sunlight filters through the trees and creates a lightshow of sorts as it dances through the various bits of colored glass.
To really enjoy the experience of it all I've added a nice , sturdy bench and a bright little end table so I can bring my coffee and a book along when I want to take a little break from working on the garden.
It's a special little place that's all my own with a great view of all the wildlife and the rest of the gardens here.
I'll be painting a few leaves & vines to brighten the bench and I've repurposed some bits of metal fencing that I'm painting in a riot of colors to place near one of the trees and mark the path to my latest happy place. Even when I can't get there I can see it from my window and sometimes even that is enough to make me smile. I hope something in your day makes you happy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment