Translate

Saturday, July 11, 2009

July, already. Summer's moving fast...

So many projects plants and flowers have gone by since my last post that I'm not sure which of them to tell you about first except that we've had some interesting visitors in our little city yard this week. The most noteable was a turtle who was apparently headed to the lake a few blocks from here. Traffic of course being what it is we decided to give it a lift over there in my garden pail. This worked out really well because the section of shoreline on the end of our street had just been restored with native plants etc. and our little friend was very excited to find himself/itself/herself? there. How do you tell what a turtle is? I must have cut science class that day...Anyway, I spent today trying to cut the grapevines out of the big rosebush and of course I've got NO idea how they managed to get tangled up in the first place. I hate it when plants get taller than I am, don't you? That definately needed to be cut down to size...as do many things in the garden and elsewhere. Guess that's all for now. Hope y0u're enjoying your day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment