Translate

Monday, August 3, 2009

Dead grill act two


What do you do with an old grill That's rusting through after only 15 or 20 years of use? If you're like most people you pay someone to haul it away but by now you know I'm NOT most people (and pretty glad of that I must say ; ) Anyway, I decided that what made it bad for grilling made It perfect for planting,after all, it's got plenty of drainage holes. I rounded up some hosta, violets and lily of the valley that had run wild in the yard and I'm calling it good for now. The lid sits on the ground in front old the ruins of an old brick and stone bar-b-q and the base of the grill sits behind it. From the patio you can't even tell that those planters were ever anything else and until I can manage to do anything else back there I take comfort in the fact that rich people hire someone to build them a stone ruin to give there garden character, apparently all the character this place needs is this one and her shovel.

No comments:

Post a Comment