Translate

Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Brighter Day



It's been cold, wet & gray out for days so it was nice to see the sun return even briefly. It's nice to see that red horse done and the improvement in the weather allowed me to spray it with a clear finish coat so I can't wait to see the look on a certain some one's face when they get it this Christmas. Well, it was so great to see the sun out again that I moved both the drawing table and the easel to take better advantage of the natural light. The piece on the easel is a background I'm working up for that sunflower painting I've been wanting to do from the photos I shot of my garden this summer. I made an attempt to paint the actual flowers but they drew a lot of bees and kept being knocked over by the breeze so I just wasn't able to work with them. Working with the photos should be much easier, I'll let you know...



1 comment:

  1. Hi Julia and Doug
    I love this nice weather,your able to go out in the studio alot more- pleasant to work. Your blog is great. I like the way you keep it updated, but alot of work. Janis

    ReplyDelete