Translate

Monday, October 19, 2009

Life's a birch



...at least it was today. The birch tree had been dying for some time but we decided it needed to come down when large chunks of branches began to fall off. We weren't too worried about our yard but it was next to the neighbors driveway and since no one was parked there this morning my husband cut it down and into firewood while I shot these pictures and stacked the wood.
Of course the whole time I'm picking up wood I'm thinking craft projects. I'm sure that doesn't surprise anyone, so far the top ideas are: holiday centerpiece, bird feeders (the type you drill out and put suet balls or plugs in) and...well, I'm still thinking...everything seems to be art supplies these days and I wonder why I don't put some of that effort into other things like a career that actually pays. That really would be "making something out of nothing". Stay tuned I'll keep you posted on my progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment