Translate

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Step by Step to Finishing a Crochet Potholder

 You'll know your potholder is ready to finish when you place it on a table and the edges meet in the middle. At that point, do a slip stitch, cut the yarn about 3 feet from the end of your potholder and pull it through the last stitch.
 Thread the tail through a yarn needle and use it to sew the potholder together.
 Once it's sewn together you can work in the tail as it is or add a hanging loop. There are two different ways to add a loop. You could just crochet a short chain and sew it in place or you could finish them the way that I do.
 I sew through the corner of the potholder and around my thumb 2 or 3 times to make a loop the size I like and then I wrap and finish it as shown. It's a lot like a blanket stitch in embroidery but a lot closer together.
If you have any further questions on how to do this be sure to leave them in the comments and I'll try to explain further.

No comments:

Post a Comment