Translate

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Warmer Weather and a bit of yard work

 Our weather warmed up a bit so I thought I'd deal with some more of the leaves again. By the time I'd raked them away from the house I've got to say that It felt good to run them over with the lawn mower to break them up.
 About the third time I ran them over I was thinking that this basic feeling explains a lot of games and activities. (The pleasure of running over anything that annoys you or gets in the way). Just last week one of our local newscasters was talking about it being great that we have a place where anyone that can afford it can drive a tank and even crush cars with it.
 I began to wonder if it doesn't say something about the attitudes of a lot of people in this country...instead of relaxing and enjoying the yard we're all busy running all sorts of power guzzling machines over and through it.
I went back indoors looking at things a bit differently and beginning to wonder if it will change the way I handle problems in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment