Translate

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Gardening is the write stuff


Even though I can just have photo cards made on the internet I find it a lot more fun to grab my scissors and double stick tape and "play" with my photos in the card stock and other papers I've got around the studio.

The personal touch and my color choices really bring my garden experience to the people I write to in a way that something printed might not. ( A lot of design programs don't allow you to combine layers of borders and I LOVE to pile them on to bring out the colors in the photos.)

You can also do a lot of drawing and painting on the insides and backs of the cards. The great thing about this is that while you're kicking around design ideas you're entertaining all of the people that you care about most.

In spite of all the technology we have available there is just something delicious about a hand made and hand written card that carries us away to a simpler time and reminds us to slow down and savor the good things in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment