Translate

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Additions and Furniture Arranging in the Garden


The windmill is a family piece painted blue to go with all of my things. The birdbath was a 15.00 find at a clearance sale. the thing I like about it best is that it has a solar light in it that makes pretty rays of light in a sunburst pattern on the lawn in the evenings.


"Everything old is new again" The big brown pot is nearly a decade old, the blue shepherds hook was a gift and I changed the paint color on the roof of the Iris birdhouse and it all comes together nicely to anchor the end of the garden.


I've set up the seating now so that you've got a choice of 3 different views when you sit in the front yard. I don't have cushions for everything but this could be really comfortable as well as pretty.


Of course there's the noise of the children on the playground, the landscapers mowing the school grounds and the traffic trying to drown out the birds here. It takes a good imagination and mental focus to enjoy the garden and ignore the distractions.

Here's the view as I've come in to write this, just looking at it calms me down and makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment