Translate

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Fire and police excitement around the garden


I suppose you need to expect things like this in the city. Sunday night there was a fire next door. Everyone responded quickly and it was put out right away but it's unsettling when I'm always writing about how peaceful it is here. A week ago the local band was marching down this street practicing for the parade.


I'm happy to report that it was only a dryer fire and remind us all to clean the lint traps on our own machines.


On Tuesday night just past the spirea bush were 4 police cars, men in the street and officers with their guns drawn. I have NO idea what that was all about but it went on for a long time and it was hard to relax and go to bed with all of those flashing lights going.

This morning things are quiet and it's a beautiful, sunny day so I'll be mowing that front section of the lawn so that things will be ready for the parade tomorrow. I guess painting those pink lilies will have to wait another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment