Translate

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Painting again


I gathered a few paintings that were in progress and tried to decide which one to start with.


 As you can see here I kind of lost my way with the background and was unable to decide what colors or textures that I wanted it to have.


 I started by shortening the base of the vase and roughing in a table for it to sit on.


 I then worked white and 3 different blues into the background with pallete knives, my hands and several sized of paint brushes. My reason for doing this is to make it go with a larger sunflower painting that I'm very fond of and perhaps use them as a set.


Once I get a nice frame for it I'll take a picture of it on the wall with the other one so that you can see how nice they look together.


No comments:

Post a Comment