Translate

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Picture Framing


I went to a local art and craft store to pick up a frame for that small sunflower painting. It's a 9 x 12'' and neither Wal-Mart or target had anything that would fit so I headed to Michaels and they only had Three choices in the ready made. I had a 40% off coupon and wound up paying fourteen dollars for the least objectionable of the choices.

If I buy canvas panels these days I always buy eight by ten inch ones because you can pick up frames at WalMart for as little as two or three dollars.

I was SHOCKED that the framer had NO idea that you DO NOT put glass over an acrylic painting. He's talking about having something to protect it and NOT getting the fact that I've been doing this for 45 years and STILL have a couple of my paintings from back then that have been through hell and back, stored in all kinds of conditions and still look great. I keep telling people that acrylic paintings are a lot tougher than they think, it's just too bad that no one listens.

1 comment:

  1. For some reason 9 x 12 is a size not known to anyone with limited art knowledge. Watercolour paper, as an example, is a medium that has always had 9 x 12 as a common size. Again...too much of the world has no vision outside the box.

    ReplyDelete