Translate

Monday, February 24, 2014

and then there were sunflowers

When I wrote that last post I'd planned to stop painting for the night. I felt the images were beginning to tell my story and as those thoughts drifted and I began to go to sleep an image came to mind that just wouldn't be put off until morning. Every time I closed my eyes, there it was so back to the easel I went. 


My story just wouldn't be complete without the sunflowers that have become so important to me in the last few years, choosing the different varieties, planting them, growing them and watching the animals enjoying them as I draw and paint them.


The difficult thing about adding them was (and continues to be) finding a way to transition between the various areas of the painting so that the sky doesn't appear to be a blue puddle in the middle of everything.



Beginning to add some leaves around the edges seemed to help. After all this doesn't need to be art, it just needs to be me, my story in pictures in case I forget someday.


 Art can do many things, for many different reasons. It's always meant a lot to me and I'm glad that I've been able to share it with you.


Work will continue on this when I've had some sleep and the next idea comes. Thanks for joining me on the journey. I don't know where it's going but it's been pretty interesting so far...at least I hope it has been for you, there's no real way to tell you what it's been for me but I'm looking forward to getting back to it and trying once again to describe it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment