Translate

Sunday, February 23, 2014

paintings progress to the end of the night


 I was having quite a bit of fun with this and managed to make quite a mess of my clothes and the worktable in the process.


This pot of flowers represents a series of paintings that I've done off and on since 1968. It's surrounded by Iris because I began to paint them in the 1980's and 90's.


I go away to a lovely place when I paint and I sure hate to get pulled back into the real world. I plan to ban phones from the studio...and visits...and real life in general. There's somewhere else I need to be right now and it's very hard to explain  that to people.


This painting is meant to show the journey between the Dala horse I had as a baby and the first one I painted as an adult. I plan to fill the canvas between them with all of the other sorts of things I've painted over the four decades and more since I fell in love with paint.


 It's been hard to photograph this so far, as you can see there's quite a difference between when I do or don't use a flash.


No comments:

Post a Comment