Translate

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Butterflies


Tuesday
Last week these were the size of black ants, they're sure growing fast!
You can see some of the stripes and markings on them already.



Wednesday



Thursday


Attaching to the top and getting ready to start the next phase of the change.

Friday




It's beginning to look like they won't all make it. I started with five but saw 2 of them struggle a bit yesterday. It looks like they either tipped over backwards or got tangled in the silk strands. Sometimes those things happen but I've got to say that I hope I'm wrong. I'll keep watching and let you know.



The Weekend
Now that they've become chrysalides it will be just a few more days before they're ready to go into the habitat.



They went into the habitat on Wednesday and Butterflies were emerging by Friday.

I'm happy to say that all of them survived in spite of early worries about some of them.


They'll be released into the garden sometime in the next few days.




We set all 5 of them free and this one landed on my lilies a while before it left.

No comments:

Post a Comment