Translate

Monday, July 11, 2016

Caterpillars and Chrysalides



I haven't had much luck getting good photos of all of the different steps as I raise this group of butterflies.


I took these photos just a few minutes ago and quite a change has taken place in the few days that the caterpillars have been here.. You can almost see them becoming butterflies in there. 



They will stay in this container for 3 days while the chrysalides dry and harden and then they will be ready to be moved into the habitat where the butterflies will emerge and remain for a few more days before they are released into the garden.


Here they are on the way into the net habitat where in about a week the butterflies will emerge. I took this picture because it's hard to see much of anything through the white netting on the habitat...or as I like to call it "the waiting room".

No comments:

Post a Comment