Translate

Monday, November 28, 2016

Painted Sunflower Hat


The finished hat


I had a couple of straw hats left from projects after the summer's tea parties so I thought I'd use them up in a fun way instead of just packing them away.

One of these will be a Christmas present for a friend inspired by some of the posts on my ramp here.

It will be wearable art that will also look great just hanging on a wall.



It seems to be coming along pretty well and I'm considering doing something a little fun and silly for the centers of the flowers with novelty yarns and buttons to give it a lot of texture, What do you think?





All that's left to do now is add some green ribbon for a hatband that will end on each side of the flower in a bunch of ribbon loops that will be the leaves for the sunflower.

THE HARD PART:
The most challenging and time consuming part of this project has been working the paint into the weave of the straw. You can avoid that problem by using spray paint. My aim here was to use up the stuff I had on hand and of course I didn't have any.

THE BEST THING:
So far the best thing about this project is that I was able to use up a lot of the odd buttons from my button box in a fun and creative way.

No comments:

Post a Comment