Translate

Monday, November 21, 2016

The Scrapbook Wall

As I sort through things around here and organize my work space I decided to use this 4 ft. wide wall to display some of my newspaper interviews and things so that when people come they can see the sorts of things I do and I don't have to explain much. It's easy and they can look if they want to without interrupting my work with a lot of questions.


Have I mentioned that I hate giving interviews? I actually turned one newspaper away years ago.

It's the way things get edited that bothers me. Things are often spun to fit the publishers agenda.

The important thing I learned as I began to round things up is that it's been about 8 years since I've been in print.

Much of that is because I've tried to focus on having my designs on products on both Zazzle and Café Press to try to generate some income around here.

That has not taken off as I'd hoped so I'm about ready to shift my focus and dive back into painting again...really painting, no goal other than to enjoy the process and see where it takes me.

I'm ready for the adventure ahead and a bit nervous about it at the same time. I'll keep you posted as I go.

Happy Painting,
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment