Translate

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Greeting cards and other Projects


 Inspiration comes from all sorts of things and all kinds of places.



The first thing that caught my eye was the paper plate that I'd been laying my paints out on. It occurred to me that elements of the design (dots and comma strokes) will lend themselves well to paint and folk out projects. I think it's got real possibilities.


I've tried this floral design and variations of it on many posts on the deck and wheelchair ramp here.



I was writing someone about the ramp hen it occurred to me that it would be nice to use the same design to decorate the card and envelope with.



After decorating the ramp card I thought I'd pursue the design further as the whole design for a card.



This last card was a lazy experiment using a cut out from a coloring book.

The important thing is to be spending time with paint and pencil whether or not you're creating art.

Things like this get me loosened up and ready to do some serious painting.










No comments:

Post a Comment