Translate

Saturday, September 21, 2019

Studio Notes

 As you can see by this photo the outdoor studio was never completed, so I'm looking at yet another year painting in the 11 by 14 foot living room in which i only have a few shelves on one side to call my own.



I played with my opaque watercolors a bit on some stationery and then ordered in some acrylic paints to blow off my frustrations with over my 6th shut-in winter as I wait for wheelchair van so I can get out of here once in a while.
 




I use heavy body acrylics, and have since the 1970's. The following list is more or less my regular palette:

Cerulean Blue
Napthol Crimson (I used to use Alizarin)
Burnt Sienna
Deep Magenta (also trying it instead of Alizarin)
Brilliant Yellow Green (I used to mix my own)
Burnt Umber
Green Gold (trying it instead of ochre)
Hookers Green
Paynes Gray
Indian Yellow
Sap Green Permanent
Ultramarine Blue red shade
Brilliant Purple ( I got tired of trying to mix just the right purple)
white

I didn't buy a black this time, paynes gray is usually dark enough for me. I'll see how it goes and will order black if I'm wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment