Translate

Sunday, April 26, 2020

Free at Last


After so many years stuck at home I was so happy to have a wheelchair van and be able to go wherever I want to but life and luck being what the are for me. You had to laugh that the van came just before the restaurants closed down for the Covid 19 epidemic.



It feels so nice to go down the road.


Lucky for us some of the restaurants are open for take out and this one has the staff in masks and gloves so it feels a bit safer.



It's amazing what we'll risk for food, isn't it?


Lucky for me I live near a park with a lake which you may recognize from some of my paintings and drawings.




Here I go!


As you can see here people are going to the park even though the playground is closed. Most are keeping an appropriate distance and some wearing masks too. 


What's great for me about this park is that there are lots of sidewalks around and through it that are fun to run my chair on just a bit faster than I should. 


Having the breeze in my face makes me smile and I laugh a bit as I swerve between people or around them and get an astonishing array of expressions or comments from people.


 I know, I'm bad but how much fun it is after being stuck at home for 7 years. I hope people forgive my evil but I must confess that I don't much care. I'm having much too fun.


Another thing I've been noticing in the park is that people have been leaving painted rocks around with encouraging messages on them. Each time I come I see one somewhere else.


It took me a minute to notice that it's supposed to be a character is a face mask. Considering the virus pandemic we're going to be seeing masks everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment