Translate

Thursday, February 25, 2021

Summing it Up

 It sometimes amazes me how life can be terrible and terrifying at the same time that it's lovely and lively but I guess that's life these days no matter how old you are.

In my sixty plus very odd years of life I seem to have come nearly full circle with my art. I'm feeling young and discovering new things nearly every day.

I've got friends again and they're interested in the same things that I am. I never really got to have workshops or play days in my studio but I am sharing projects with friends and family in snail mail, e-mail, text and video calls and those ae going very well.

What made me happiest this week was this four by six inch multi media piece:


This tiny painting didn't really seem to be going anywhere and had apparently got too close to my adhesives and paper crafts. I found the results pretty entertaining and so did everyone who's seen it.
 

 I used 2 different paper bits for the rocket and a third for the planet. They were attached with acrylic matte medium and then parts of them were painted over or around until I was pleased with the effect.

I've been working on a number of other things too with various degrees of success depending on how you look at it or you talk to but the important thing is that I've enjoyed it all and can't wait to see what comes along next.


Projects sent out in the mail, cards and the donut sketch from the corner of an envelope. I barely got these photos taken before they were gone.





Quick! Before I go, I just had to show you this Pillow that I Designed with one of my sister Becca's paper cuttings. I thought it would be just the thing for her after a long, full day. I sure hope she likes it. What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment