Translate

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Experiments in Mixed Media

This card was put together with some odd paper bits for a fellow sci fi and robot enthusiast. After I got the paper bits done I did a bit of painting on it to tie it all together.




This is another mixed media piece. The inspiration was a number of videos that I had watched on "art journals". it's also mixed media but working it in my sketchbook broke the binding because of the bulk.

I plan to keep further projects like this on single surfaces and away from my sketchbooks.

This project brought me back to my child hood when often stacks of old magazines made for hours of imaginative play, sticky fingers and silly looking art projects.

No expensive art materials then, just the joy of simple things it's easy to get away from that and loose our way creatively. You are the guide of your own journey, don't let yourself down.

A DESIGN EXERCISE:

Todays inspiration was catalog images of 2 different sets of dishes. Examining both images and mixing elements of both.


I'm using card stock, colored pencils, watercolor and guache to see how well each of them works in this       situation.


When I finished the drawing and painting I began outlining  with a micron pen to see how much that would change things.


This photo was taken early in the project and you can see some of the materials used.



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment