Translate

Saturday, February 20, 2021

What I Love about Eunice Parson's

 I've never met Eunice Parson's but last night I discovered an old video called "In the Studio: Eunice Parsons, Portland Community college."

It was about a 90 year old collage artist that couldn't wait to climb the stairs to her artist's studio in the attic everyday.

WHAT STRUCK ME ABOUT THIS WAS THE DIFFERENCE IN PERCEPTION.

Sitting comfortably on the floor with an absolute glow of happiness in the center of scattered papers and art supplies it's obvious that she has found her bliss in what to her is her best place in the world. At that time she'd been doing that for 60 years and expects to keep on doing it.  It was clear to me that her art was what was keeping her young and agile. I've got to say that I envy her.

TO THE OUTSIDE WORLD or the casual observer they just see a poor, possibly lonely old lady sitting in a pile of trash.

WHAT SHE SAYS AND WHAT THEY SEE ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS

What stuck me most was how lively she was at 90, sitting comfortably on the floor tearing papers and working away.

WHAT MORE COULD ANY ONE WANT OUT OF LIFE THAN HEALTH AND HAPPINESS UNTROUBLED BY THE CARES OF THE WORLD.


No comments:

Post a Comment