Translate

Monday, November 29, 2021

Holiday Time, Ho, Ho, Hum

 Moving right along, Christmas has been showing up everywhere since around Halloween. 

As we're urged to shop for the things we don't need and can't afford anywhere.

This is my response:


I cut up 2 sheets of red and green colored paper and made a miniature paper chain to trim the orange tree that I grew from the seed of the snack I was having one day.

I plan to use the image in one of my stores either as a photo, drawing or painting with the caption "Ho, Ho, Hum". What do you think of the idea?

I realize that it's risky posting all of this here but Christmas is a season of giving and if you're able to do a better job with this than I am then it is my gift to you. Just let me know how it works out for you or send me a copy- Thanks. 


This wildly fun pair of florals were the result of sorting through my art and craft designs while writing to a friend. I can't wait to hear what she thinks of them.


I usually post the horse photos in my dala horse blog but this snowflake idea will span all sorts of media, objects and surfaces so it really needs to appear here as well.

I suppose showing my notebooks is a risk as well but I would hope that no one reading this wants to hurt or steal from me. What I want you to see here is that I collect snowflake pictures anywhere I find them and just keep practicing until I can can come up with a snowflake that combines bits of these different ideas.

I am entirely self taught and I guess I'm vain enough to hope that some of you may want to learn from my methods.



 Along with my sketches I include some inspiration photos as I let the ideas  "cook" until I'm able to get back to them they are figuratively "on the back burner".

Hopefully by the time I get back to it I'll have a fresh approach to the whole thing.

This next page is inspiration photos as well and a bit of practice with collage.


Well, none of us are perfect. Especially in our sketchbooks so I really had to laugh when I discovered I had spelled Ideas wrong on my label maker when I put that page together and I'm far too busy to go back and fix it now. You get the idea, don't you? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment