Translate

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Watercolor, Acrylics and life in general

A quick little watercolor this morning as I'm attempting to teach myself more about working with a fairly new medium for me.I started out as an oil painter  so the reverse process of color applications has always made watercolor a struggle for me.

Practice is always useful and I made today's effort into a pair of note cards to brighten someones mail this week. I was out of the nice watercolor greeting card sets that I like to use so these are mounted on quarter fold parchment paper. Considering my supplies on hand I think they turned out pretty nice.

I keep going back to that big acrylic I've been working on. I love some of these detail views of different parts of it and I'm still painting on it as well so it changes all of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment