Translate

Monday, May 2, 2011

44 Years



It's funny to realize how long I've been painting without actually thinking about it. I was talking to my cousin today and she brought up some interesting questions about why I paint. Until that moment I'd never actually thought about it, I guess I'd just been so busy doing it that nothing else mattered. It simply had never occurred to me to do anything else. What's amazing is that it was so all consuming that I seem to have missed most of whatever else life seemed to have offered. Now that I'm going through all of my work and sorting it out I've had more time to talk about it and think things through. It's weird to be looking back and planning ahead at the same time instead of being consumed by the present moment and the paint all around me

No comments:

Post a Comment