Translate

Sunday, March 27, 2022

A Refresher Course on Roses

 Hi There!

You don't need me to teach you this. There are lots of rose tutorals out there. Either in  books or on the internet with your computer or TV.

I chose watching a variety of different videos on You Tube. There were so  many teachers, styles, and techniques to choose from. I found that to be very helpful.


As I mentioned before. I am still working with a limited selection of paint's and making them work as well as I can.

This was the canvas panel that I chose to paint the roses on. It had been a collage and the start of a couple other paintings but nothing  had really worked.

The round elements gave me a good base to place the roses on.

After that it was simply a matter of deciding where to  put the light and dark areas for shading and shaping.


I'm pretty satisfied with the roses at this point and continue to work on the background and the leaves now.


It won't be long until I finish the painting and use the design on my products on Zazzle or submit it to other companies for a fabric. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment