Translate

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Making a Mess

 

I was getting a bit frustrated with where the canvas panels were going so I pulled out some mixed media paper, watercolor paints, gel medium and paper bits and threw this together. there's something that I Like about it but I'm not quite sure what. At least for now, It's a keeper.


I'm not quite sure where this is going. I started with some "mark making" on colored pencil which of course is just arts speak for I began to scribble on the paper in search of some sort of idea or inspiration. 

I didn't find any so I grabbed the watercolor paints to see if I could match the surrounding paper to the collage bits already on the page.

It was interesting to note which of the pencil lines did or didn't show through depending on the sorts of pencils that they were. Perhaps I should choose my colors more carefully.

After that I went back to the canvas panels again which still proved to be uncooperative.

I had done some collage over this small panel with the dots and since there were already some round areas I decided to try to teach myself to paint mandalas over them. That seemed to work rather well.

I've really enjoyed my little map project. It's a lot like the neurographics except that a lot of the lines are already in place and you can choose which of the ones you want to use. This was the most relaxing project of them all so far and I highly recommend it if you want to unwind.                                                                                                                   




I'm really getting tired of the snow. It's just too hard to get through it with the wheelchair and I'm sooo bored being home. That's why I keep trying to run away into my.

I'm hoping to get there soon. Come and join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment