Translate

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Sunflowers

 I Love Sunflowers. Growing them, cutting and arranging them as well as drawing and painting them.

 


These have been a real challenge because of the limited array of colors to work with.


Aside from the limited colors there were also poor quality and very thin so each color needed many coats of paint to make them cover properly.

At this point I'm sure you're wondering why I even bothered using them but the short answer was that  I was out of everything else.

Before buying other paints I wanted to use up everything else I had on hand and see just what I could do with "junk". I'm not thrilled with the results but I give myself  credit for trying.



I loved the loose and wild strokes on the panels as the idea started to take hold.

Sometimes I wish I would have stopped while there was still some of this raw energy to the painting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment