Translate

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Making Progress

Most progress is slow but I am trying to sort out projects and set my work area up so that I will be ready  to move some of my art  and craft projects to the yard or take them down the road to the park. If I time things right I may get a chance to enjoy some of the live music as well.

There were times over the winter that it seemed like it would end.

In the meantime I just kept working on these:

This was a small piece of watercolor paper that I had been using as a palette for some other paintings. the paint was starting to get a bit thick so I decided to make a painting out of it by adding neurographic lines and soft corners. I like the way it turned out so I dropped it into a letter to a friend

 This is an acrylic on a small stretched canvas that I hope will make a nice background for a small floral this summer. I'm still not quite happy with the colors so I plan to continue working on it until i fially feel like it's ready to go.

After that I returned to an old favorite subject and began painting sunflowers. I m just not sure how far I want to develop it. Any ideas? Its so easy to overwork a piece so I want to be careful not to go too far. What are your thoughts on the subject?


I got the idea for this from a video that I saw on you tube and wanted to try out because I had some old metallic paints that I didn't know what  to use them for.


Now that I see it a number of ideas have started to float to the surface, most of them being designs for kitchen items and anything else that has shiny elements too it. Wish me Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment