Translate

Friday, March 11, 2022

Taking my imagination for a walk...

...and yes, it's unleashed but paper trained. The first map project I did was pleasant enough but I thought I'd kick it up a notch and really make it fun.

I am amazed at how many different  note cards and Mixed Media Art pieces that I got out of just one old map and a couple of pages from a travel brochure.

Here are a few more photos taken as the projects moved on.

I started out in soft colors like those on the map and found that to be boring so I began to burnish the colors and make them more lively.



I found it to be a huge improvement that I can go back to working on whenever I have the time or inclination to do so. It will be a great little project to take along with me whenever I know I'll have time to kill.



I never actually go anywhere so it amused me to make a travel brochure trippy. I just kept drawing around and over this one and really enjoyed it.

I've never seen anything quite like this before and I really enjoyed my non travel trip. It's fun to see things in another way.



 I kind of like the dreamy and vintage turn that this painting seems to be taking. It reminds me of the roses we brought from Doug's parents farm 30 or so years ago so I looked up my favorite photo to keep the inspiration going and am happy with the results so far, what do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment