Translate

Saturday, March 19, 2022

My Favorite Projects Lately

 I'm still really enjoying trying different ways to combine water media of all sorts. I'm listing them here in the order of how much I like them or tend to use them. The fist choice for me is always acrylic paints, I use them most often. Next would be watercolor paints in tubes or trays and water color pencils. It wasn't until the last few years that I discovered gouache which I think is best at all for control and beautiful, crisp edges.

Each is wonderful in it's own way but my interest now is seeing what they can do when used together.

On this one the background was done in loose washes of watercolor applied wet into wet. The colors weren't very strong so I repeated that step a second time and let it dry before adding my lines in gouache with a water brush (the type that has a hollow handle and can be filled with water). I was quite pleased with the results and am looking forward to trying that again.



No comments:

Post a Comment