Translate

Friday, January 21, 2011

Hanging on by a thread


Well, did the title sound dramatic enough? Hey, I made you look. I've got quite a reputation for being able to make something out of anything so a friend handed me this embroidery floss this morning so of course the first thing I did was toss it in the scanner to show you and to make a nice little card for her. Now I'm on to unwinding the various colors and embroidering a bright and interesting border around the hem of a black cotton top. That's 2 projects and I'm just getting started "playing" with it...Keep reading to see what's next.
I thought I'd add a few of these buttons from my cousin to the mix to decorate one of my old shirts. So far I'm really pleased with the results and may add a few more design elements to it later on. Meanwhile this project brightened both my wardrobe and my my mood so "it doesn't get much better than this".



No comments:

Post a Comment